Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Which is Gayer?

I've heard this song on the radio for several weeks now. The first time was after a caller requested the, "Helen Keller" song. I never got the actual song title or the name of the group and asking my 12 yo nephew didn't help. He knows the song but that's it. Today I finally remembered to go to Lyrics.com to look up the song and found more than I was looking for.

I have to say I like the song, it has a good beat and catchy if puzzling lyrics. What struck me most, after repeated listenings, is how gay the song is. First is the high pitched chorus - Woowoowoowoo. Second was the lisp - 'Shush girl, shut your lips. Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips". Third, don't trust a ho (which I thought was "don't trust her" until I read the lyrics) they obviously hate women and finally, "tell your boyfriend, if he says he's got beef, that I'm a vegetarian and I ain't fucking scared of him."

So as I'm reading the lyrics, the song starts playing - bonus. Then I notice that the video is playing - Now that is gay, almost as gay as the video by those Fire Island Pines Gays. In the video, they are the only surviving males models left on earth. The blonde is cuter.

So which is gayer? You be the judge.




No comments:

Post a Comment