Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A lost but not forgotten love

I was reminded of a lost love last night. His name was Cor, we met at a tennis tournament in DC - I won both the tournament and him. He was from Toronto, and was all my fantasy men wrapped together into one 5'7" package:
  • published poet,
  • an artist, 
  • a painter, 
  • tennis player, 
  • put himself through college gogo dancing, 
  • was in the military, 
  • has an identical twin brother, 
  • rides a motorcycle, 
  • goatee-baseball caps-pierced ears (this was 1998),
  • almost made the Canadian Olympic Gymnastic Team
  • charming, sweet, devilish, thoughtful, sexy, funny, arrogant, confident, versatile,
  • loved me and made me feel great about myself
We only had a few months together but they were magical. One of the many things he introduced me to was Anggun - Snow on the Sahara. If I remember correctly, she recorded this CD in 7 languages.


No comments:

Post a Comment