Thursday, February 12, 2009

Cover Girl Ellen



I love that Cover Girl choose Ellen for three reasons - she's Gay!, she's 50! and she's pretty but not model-pretty.

What kind of gay would I be if I didn't love Ellen? I was a fan of her standup and then her prime-time show. I like her talk show but it's not on my tivo list. Years ago I was lucky enough to win a framed, autographed picture of the cast at a tennis tournament I was playing. It was so funny, before I could even sit down from having collected my prize, I had 2 different people offer me over $200 for it and a third, very hunky man, made a more titillating offer. That last one was tough to turn down, he wouldn't take no for an answer, but at the time, I had someone even better waiting for me back in DC. My friends all thought I was crazy, but then they had yet to meet Troy.

Finally, I had to good fortune to head into Lambda Rising in DC, for some umm reading material, during her mother's book signing for Love, Ellen. What a sweet woman and what a good book. I gave it to my mom for Christmas. One day I'll post pics of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment