Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Harry Potter inspired by Troll?



I'm watching tv with my nephew today because he's home sick and he puts on the terrible movie - TROLL. I'm not really paying attention but then I hear - "I'm Harry Potter." 

WHAT! Yes, Harry Potter. What year was this movie - 1986. My first thought - is this where JK Rowling got the name, no it has to be a coincidence. Harry was published in 1997. Maybe they both took the name from somewhere else but I don't know. Do you?

Also of interest was the cast:
  •      Sony Bono of Cher
  •      Shelly Hack of Charlie perfume & Tiffiny in Charlie's Angles
  •      Julia Louis-Dreyfus of Seinfeld of course
  •      Gary Sandy of WKRP in Cincinnati still with his great hair
  •      Michael Moriarty of may things and Law and Order
  •      June Lochart of Lost in Space and Lassie
  •      Anne Lochart, June's daughter & someone on Battlestar Galactica with (see next line)
  •      Noah Hathaway who was Boxey on Battlestar Galactica and was Atreyu in THE NEVER ENDING STORY. According to IMBD Noah is in production for a new Troll movie.
The theme song for The Never Ending Story is one of my all-time favorites. It was sung and I think written by Limahl, former lead singer for one-hit-wonder Kajagoogoo, Too Shy, hush hush.


No comments:

Post a Comment