Tuesday, June 8, 2010

ALCIDE, THE NEW, OFT-NAKED 'TRUE BLOOD' WEREWOLF, SPEAKS




Joe Manganiello, who plays the werewolf Alcide on the upcoming season of True Blood, which starts this weekend, spoke with Popwrap about the part.

Said Manganiello: "Vampires can get away with having very slight builds and the audience will still believe that they're super powerful. Werewolves are animals and in my mind they should be very muscular. Not an extra ounce of fat on them. Really ripped. I wanted people to look at Alcide and think, 'wow, he's a super strong animal'...My mom is half Austrian and comes from a long line of giant athletes. I remember my mom doing double bicep flexes and her arms were just ripped. She had like Madonna arms. She would flex and say, 'that's where you get it kid.' So I have my mother to thank."

Manganiello also talked with Anna Paquin in a video interview about how being naked so often on set required an introduction to the 'Brotherhood of the Sock'.

source Towleroad

No comments:

Post a Comment