Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'M BACK

Hey Everyone, I'm back and no worse for wear.You comments, thoughts and well wishes. There were very comforting.

I got out last night and will be recovering for a while. Maybe later today or tomorrow I'll go into details but I just don't have the will to do so now.

The long and short of it is I have liver disease and until they can get things under better control, we won't know the extent of the damage. My Dr wants me in a program at Mt Sini and makes vague references to a transplant! We have a long time before we go there - I hope.

Right now, I'm still retaining water in my legs, about 40 lbs of it! and fluid in my abdomen which have have had drained 3x, 10 lbs each time. It makes life uncomfortable and hard to move around.

I'll try to resume my regular posts but we'll just have to see. Truvy and Tramp are doing well and very happy to have daddy home.

While in the hospital I celebrated another birthday. And how did I start that day? At 6:30 AM I was greeted to, "Good morning Mr D, Happy Birthday! we're here to put a catheter up you penis!"

No comments:

Post a Comment