Thursday, March 15, 2012

A RELAXING DAY

I took advantage of the nice weather last week so I washed the Jeep, took the top down and went for a drive along the beach. I went to Long beach and took the Ocean Parkway (where one or maybe two serial killer(s) have dumped the bodies of 12 women) to Jones Beach and finished at Robert Moses State Park which is the very end or beginning of Fire Island.  

My 1st iPhone self-portrait. The glare on the screen made it hard
to see what the pic looked like. Have I told you how much
I have always hated having my picture taken? Not too bad
considering the last year I've had.

The bridge over the inlet to Robert Moses, taken from the RM side.


I thought that it was supposed to be a beautiful day but the 
wind was blowing the sand off the dunes and into my pockets, 
this is low-tide and about 600 ft above normal high-tide. 
The blowing sand really hurt andwas easily over 50 mph. 
I could barely walk into it.



In a two mile stretch, there were easily over 150 deer.
Some in groups (herds?) and just as many alone or in pairs.


I was trying to take a pic but couldn't see the screen and 
actually took a video. It's just a few seconds but you get the idea.

This is the water tower at the center of RM and at the foot of
the bridge. It's straight, I'm not.

No comments:

Post a Comment