Monday, June 27, 2011

OMG! SO GOOD AND SO EASY


I'm not talking about any blogger we know and love, I talking about this recipe for tilapia. I've been doing a lot of cooking for my mom and I knew she liked tilapia so I thought I'd give this very high protein, low sodium and very low fat (we don't care about that just now) recipe a try and hope for the best.

The final result was that she thought it was better than any tilapia she'd had in any restaurant and I have a new food to thoroughly enjoy!


I got the tilapia at Costco. You get 8-10 individually vacuum sealed and frozen fillets for about $15. They take about 10 minutes to defrost.


Ingredients

  • Butter cooking spray
  • 4 (6 to 8-ounce) tilapia fillets
  • Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
  • 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
  • 2 tablespoons butter

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Warm cast iron pan then coat pan with a nonstick butter spray.
Rinse fish and pat dry; on one side season each fillet with salt, cracked pepper then add to the pan and season other side with salt, pepper, lime juice, save the lime zest for last. Place a pat of butter on each fillet and cook in the oven for 8 to 12 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment