Friday, July 6, 2012

GIL GERARD: CHILDHOOD CRUSH


Gil Gerard was Buck Rogers in the 25th Century from 1979-1981. He didn't do much before or after but has forever remained in my fantasies.

For bucking gay boys, Buck Rogers was must see tv. It taught me about fashion, how to get people to undress me, the value of camp and how to be sexy. Each week I'd tune in to see how far his neckline would plunge, exposing more and more of that forest of chest hair. Then, it was to see what situation Buck would wind up in that required his shirt be ripped open and stripped off his back. Finally, I learned how to use charm, good looks and a quick whit to manipulate people and get out of tricky situations along with the object of my desire.

If Buck's beary goodness wasn't enough, you had former Brek girl Erin Gray as Col. Wilma Derring as fag hag, Princess Ardala as the bitch, his bff's were Twiki (get it?) the robot and Hawkman. Plus he was constantly chased big, brawny leather clad men with animal names like Tiger Man and Panther Man.














No comments:

Post a Comment