Tuesday, October 20, 2009

H3N8 Flu Is Truly One for the Dogs




H3N8 Flu Is Truly One for the Dogs


I read this story on another blog last night (sorry I can't find it), apparently there is a doggie flu going around called the N3H8. I clicked on the link to the article "H3N8 Flu Is Truly One for the Dog," and learned it was on FauxNews. As I read the article, I had a difficult time believing it and not thinking it was some sort of joke. First it was on FauxNews - if I can't believe their political news, why should I believe this? Sad but true comment on FauxNews. Second, H3N8? Really? so similar a name to the current flu crisis H1N1 formerly know as Swine Flu? I decided not to believe the article.

About an hour had passed and I hadn't stopped thinking about the doggie flu when it occurred to me, Google it. Duh! What I found was that (and this hurts) the FauxNews article was true. I think this Discover article is better written and more informative. I have two dogs (whose pics are still locked on my recently broken old laptop) who I worry about much more than myself. I could be dying and not go to the doctor but if one of them sneezes, I have the next available appointment at the vet (a bit of an exaggeration but not by much.)

Miss Truvy
(read about her here)

No comments:

Post a Comment