Thursday, October 15, 2009

Who Knew?

File:Max Brooks Rocket Llama.jpg

Starz had a special on last night, Starz Inside Zombie Mania - exploring the popularity of Zombie movies, that I dvr'd for my nephew. One of the people interviewed/commenting is Max Brooks. My first thought, GAY. Alright, my first thought was he's cute then I thought he's gay. I wanted to know so I Wiki'd him.

Turns out that this cute guy is Max Brooks, the son of director Mel Brooks and the late actress Anne Bancroft. This cute guy is the son of Mel Brooks?? And yeah, he's straight.

He's also the author of

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead

which I got for my nephew and wrote about here. The book explains how to survive an impending zombie apocalypse. The book touches on what it describes as pop cultural myths about zombies. He has another book that I have yet to read, World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War, which deals with the war between the human race and zombies. Both were NYT's bestsellers. Brad Pitt's film company is supposed to be making World War Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment