Saturday, October 10, 2009

Paranormal Activity - A Review in 15 Seconds



There, now you've seen a 90 minute movie in 15 seconds. And probably got a better scare too. And for FREE.

A young couple, Katie and Micka, have moved in together after dating for a few years. She has been "haunted" since she was 8 but we learn that hauntings don't follow people so it must be a demon.

Micka is into electronics and has bought special cameras to record the nightly happenings. Each night a little more happens. Bringing in a ouija board only makes the demon angrier. You keep waiting to be scared but nothing really happens.

The movie does keep and build the tension well, the girl behind me kept saying OMG, OMG but never actually got scared. About 60% through I thought, "Wouldn't it be cool if the movie just had something jump out at us and make everyone shit their pants?" I know it would have been totally wrong for the movie to do, but that is almost exactly how the movie ends.

The movie in no way looked like it cost $11,000 to make but it is also not worth seeing. Even my 12 year-old nephew agrees. He said it would have been scarier to watch, “A haunting in Connecticut” for the third time. I haven't seen it but I wish I had instead of driving 20 miles to see Paranormal Activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment