Monday, December 28, 2009

5 FOR / 5 AGAINST: DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE MORGANS

I saw this movie for two reasons. First, a friend loves SJP and I thought being able to talk about the movie could help develop the "friendship." Second, I couldn't find parking so I was too late to see It's Complicated

The Morgans are typical New Yorkers who live a rich, glamorous life and a life that for them only exists in NY. Their hectic, NY lives are aided by their dependance on their electronics and assistants. The Morgans are separated and after a "let's talk dinner" witness a murder that sends them into the Witness Relocation Program -- in Ray, Wyoming. From here you can write the movie. Very typical, no surprises, should have been titled, Hugh Grant and Carrie Bradshaw in Wyoming

5 FOR:
  1. Damn! Hugh Grant is looking fine! He is aging well and shows some damn sexy legs.
  2. Mary Steenburgen is a breath of fresh mountain air in this mostly stale movie.
  3. If you ever wanted to see Carrie Bradshaw ride a horse, shoot a gun and shop in Costco (or known as Bargain Barn in this movie), this is the movie for you.
  4. Hugh Grant is Hugh Grant from Four Weddings, Notting Hill, Two Weeks Notice, Music and Lyrics, and Bridget Jones and there's nothing wrong with that. I like the character, his wit and sense of humor; however, this movie is the least likable.
  5. I'm still working on this one.
5 AGAINST:
  1. Every scene which shows SJP's hands. She has some real old meat hooks that she doesn't even bother to put polish on. She must have a nail biting problem.
  2. There is no chemistry between Hugh and SJP. There's no real anger, no evidence of a glorious lost love and no passion reborn.
  3. There are many actors who act the same in every role but Hugh seems to play the same character in every movie. He even tells the same jokes and observations.
  4. I couldn't understand why I wasn't hearing Carrie's thoughts.
  5. It's not an intolerable movie. I sat there and chuckled every now and then, really didn't care that it was so predictable and never looked at my watch. I suggest waiting for the DVD or cable as I have for all their other movies. I just wish I had something more positive to share with my **cough** potential new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment