Saturday, December 19, 2009

And so it begins...



I'm at my parent's home on Long Island. You can't see it but the snow has just started here and is not supposed to end until we have a good 10-15 non-AOL inches. Late in the afternoon, the wind is supposed to start blowing 20-30 mph with gusts over 50! I was at the store last night buying milk, bread and toilet paper. It's times like this that Netflix is outdone by Blockbuster and Redbox.

I'm here early for my cousin's wedding on Monday. He's just finished Army bootcamp and will begin training as a helicopter mechanic after his honeymoon. Of course the storm has caused all sorts of drama for the wedding already. Matt is stationed in Newport News,VA and all flights were canceled this morning and not rescheduled until Monday (I don't believe this but I'm not checking) so he is driving up to MD to meet his brother and fiancee who are drive into the storm. Ah, young love.

I'll post pics throughout the day. Stay warm, stay safe and stay posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment