Friday, February 5, 2010

FRIDAY FANTASY: PEACE

the nights are getting noisier

gone are the blissful distractions of the day
blogs have been read
work has been done
dogs walked played with and loved

at night the mind gets weak
defenses are down
too tired for distractions
not tired enough for sleep
pain breaks through
distorts lies deceives wounds

death my friend not foe
sings to me
an end to loneliness 
to suffering
to hopelessness
to pretending

death so close yet so far
once
twice
three times I'm still here

why
waiting for what
purpose
meaning
because god says so
because parents are supposed to go first

so many fight
struggle
burn with desire
sparkle in their eyes
fire in their heart
why don't I
I envy them

one day
one night
there will be peace
no pain
only joy
happiness at last
one way or the other
my time will come

the nights are getting noisier



No comments:

Post a Comment