Friday, November 25, 2011

A DOGABLY PAWFECT BIRTHDAY


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOTH
MISS TRUVY
AND
THE TRAMP

It was nine years ago yesterday (Friday) when I walked into the DC Animal Rescue Center and saw Miss Truvy ( I renamed her after Dolly's character in Steel Magnolias). She was so cute making eyes at everyone, begging for attention and offering tailwags and love in return. Then her lunch came and all bets were off (still are at dinner time) - I left her to eat and I went to checkout her fellow inmates. When I came back, she was curled up in a ball, peacefully sleeping amidst the chaos of barking dogs and cage banging strangers. It was at that moment that I knew we were meant to be together.

My friends all say that Miss Truvy won the puppy lottery the day I brought her home but it was really me who won. Happy 10th Birthday!




It was a dark and stormy night (it really was) the night before Thanksgiving when The Tramp ran into Grandma's kitchen and into our lives. On Christmas Eve he decided to go on adventure for a few weeks, I swore that night if we got him back I'd name him Tramp after The Tramp in Lady and the Tramp, but he made his way back to us and rescued himself from people who abused him and didn't love or want him. It's been a wonderful 7 years. Happy 11th Birthday! We love you!




Visit our other doggie-friends:
and join in all the doggy fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment