Tuesday, November 15, 2011

THE NEW ME


Superior Preference Fade-Defying Color # 4R Dark Auburn - Warmer by L'Oreal for Unisex - 1 Application Hair Color

I was born platinum blonde and remained so until I was about 12 or 13 when I became what was called "dirty" blonde. I've always been partial to blondes and always wanted to be as blonde as possible. As I came out, of my shell, I started playing with getting my hair lightened and then finally started doing it my self. I have red undertones so I always had to be careful or else.

I continued to color my hair for two reasons a. the color hid the creeping gray and mousey color and b. my hair felt softer and had better texture and control when colored. During the past year or two I gave up on coloring my hair but after my recent trips to the hospital and weight loss, I was looking like a refugee camp survivor. My skin was the worse for wear (more on that later) and my hair was limp and lifeless and I didn't feel like a blonde anymore.

I've often referred to coloring as calico because my head hair is one color, my chest is black, my arms and legs very light blonde, my beard is dark auburn with too much gray now and I'll leave the carpet's color a mystery. In the past I've played with black and browns but they don't look good on me, this shade of auburn closely matches my beard and compliments my current skin tone and attitude. I'm a red head, not a ginger, and you know what they say about red heads?!

No comments:

Post a Comment