Monday, April 23, 2012

LOOSE ENDS: PART II

After training it into NYC for Evita on Wednesday, I drove down to Trenton, NJ on Saturday to see long time blogger buddy, Brian of Caliban's Revenge, in Hairspray at the Kelsey Theatre benefiting The James Tolin Memorial Fund. It was a beautiful day and I put the top down for the approximately two hour drive.

I had never met Brian so this would be our first meeting, my first meeting with any fellow blogger!, but it would have to wait until after the show. I was more familiar with Hairspray then Evita, having seen both movies numerous times, but the musical had many more numbers - I LUVED IT! Brian was excellent as Edna Turnblad and the rest of the cast performed well too. It was standing O's all around.

I met Brian after the show along with two of his friends, Alexandra and Gail, whom he hadn't seen in years. The four of us had a wonderful dinner discussing the show and getting to know each other. We all had cell phone cameras but forgot to take any pictures. (bad bloggers)

Brian couldn't stay to long as Edna had a 7pm curtain call, so I decided to take a quick trip to New Hope, it was just 20 miles away, and enjoyed a beautiful drive along the towpath, especially nice because the top was still down, and into the still crowded town where I had a quick latte. Somehow I managed to avoid any traffic both coming and going - truly amazing.

It was a great day and I'll probably be seeing Brian again when his group does Jeffery in June benefiting The James Tolin Memorial Fund - it's their 10th Anniversary Benefit. Congratulations Brian!
It's the Cony Collins Show!

Welcome to the 60's!

Timeless

Final Entrance

Finale

PUNCHED: MEET BLOGGER BUDDY

No comments:

Post a Comment