Sunday, January 24, 2010

FAREWELL PALMER COURTLANDT




I was sadden to learn this morning that James Mtichell, Palmer Courtlandt of All My Children has died. I was very surprised to learn that he is survived by his partner Albert Wolsky.


I started watching AMC with my Mom back in 1970 and was a semi-regular viewer until ABC decided to show the OJ trial instead of their daytime soaps. Mom is still a fan but I lost interest forever. On three different occasions I bumped into Susan Lucci while shopping. She is the tiniest thing but always friendly and with a big smile.
James Mitchell, who played the legendary Palmer Cortlandt on All My Children for a million years, died in Los Angeles at the age of 89. ABC said James died of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and complications from pneumonia.
James started his career by thrusting it on Broadway in such musicals as Carousel and Oklahoma. In 1979, James began his role as Palmer, Opal's true love and Adam's arch rival, on AMC. James' last appearance on the soap was on January 5, 2010. James is survived by his partner Albert Wolsky.

No comments:

Post a Comment