Monday, June 11, 2012

PEENS & BOOBIES & VA-JAY JAYS! OH MY!


This was my view as I drove (@ about 67 mph) home from the beach on Sunday. When I left the beach it was still bright and sunny, 6 pm, but after 5 minutes on the road things got mighty dark, fast.

The field at Jones Beach I normally go to was full but rather than turn around and go to another field that would take 5 minutes, I decided to just keep going and drove the 15 miles to Robert Moses. I had the top down and it is a beautiful (ocean and dunes on the right, bay on the left) ride as seen above. I went to field 5, all the way to the left and took the path through the preserve to go further down the beach and what I thought would be away from the crowds and maybe near the gay section. I was sorta right. I rarely go to the beach on the weekends to avoid the crowds.

It's about a 10 minute walk through the preserve on boardwalk but is really just an elevated path. Similar to the ones on Fire Island but without the cruising. (Robert Moses is the eastern tip of Fire Island)  When I got finally got to the beach, it was getting late and I just wanted to lay down and finish my book so instead of walking further, I took the first available spot and set up. It was then that I realized, (and why there are no beach pics) that I was in the "Clothing Optional" section.

Like most Irish people, I don't tan. I go from bright white to burned in a flash and when the burn finally goes, I'm just white. If I spend a lot of time in the sun and really work at it, I do get some color - freckles. Long ago I decided it was just easier and safer (for my skin) to leave my shirt on. I'm a virgo so I love water, I grew up on the ocean and really enjoy just reading and swimming at the beach. Beats the hell out of sitting in Starbucks.

So there I am, my arms, legs (don't forget the feet!!!) and face covered in spf 75 and reading my kindle - Sookie Stackhouse: Dead and Gone, when I become aware that something is different. I look up from my kindle and headed straight for me are two va jay jay's! One shaved. I was in the "Clothing Optional" section. Nude sunbathing is not legal in NY (that I know of) and definitely not legal on Long Island but it has always been and always will be.

As I reassessed my surroundings and listen to the conversations around me, I realize that this is more than a section. This is a community. Everyone knows almost everyone, there are sectioned off cooking areas and judging from the complete lack of tan lines on very tan bodies, most have been here numerous times this season already. Every time I glanced up from my kindle, there were swinging peens staring at me, boobies bouncing and sagging and butts of every size, shape, firmness and hairiness winking at me as they pass.There were people of all ages from 10 to 70+, of  sizes from skinny to have you seen my junk because I can't even reach it, muscular to squishy to boney, sex and gender. Yes, there were some gays around but I saw more coming from further down the beach than sitting around me. I like naked gays better, and even without clothes, at least from the neck down, I had a good idea of who was and wasn't.

Now I'm not a modest person and would have had no problem being naked, just not on the beach - in day light at least. I felt somewhat uncomfortable being so covered up but I was more concerned about saving my ass. If the water had been warmer, it'll be another 2 weeks before it hits 65 degrees, I'd have gone swimming sans clothes.

It was a wonderful day at the beach and the whole time I kept thinking that Albany Sean would really love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment