Monday, June 11, 2012

PROMETHEUS: 5 FOR / 5 AGAINST

I saw Prometheus on Friday and have been trying to figure out what I saw so I could review it. I did enjoy it and highly recommend it - here goes - NO SPOILERS!


5 FOR

  1. visually stunning
  2. much more story focused than most action movies
  3. Michael Fassbender
  4. Charlize Theron
  5. Keeps you thinking long after the movie
  6. Bonue - lots of cute gay geeks in audience
5 AGAINST
  1. more questions than answers
  2. Michael Fassbender - doesn't even take his shirt off
  3. Charlize Theron - under utilized 
  4. several characters don't even get two lines
  5. 3D - I hate 3D and the glasses hurt my eyes. I took them off afar about 15 minutes and never needed to put them back on. Very little was in 3D and then only the background was a little blurry unlike in Avatar where it was unwatchable without the glasses because of the distortion and color separation.
If you want a more thorough review, I recommend the following two reviews:
  1. Brian of Caliban's Revenge
  2. Alexander of Voenix Rising
Both guys have excellent blogs. Caliban's Revenge is mostly about movies, scifi, horror and other pop culture and Voenix Rising is mostly about pop culture and beefy, furry men not always SFW.

No comments:

Post a Comment